Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Why is SyFy Forums fading?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 pm

I was just wondering you know a year ago you would see 200 people on the forums at sci fi now you are lucky to see 10. I am thinking they have irritated so many people with that no one goes to syfy forums anymore. I have my ideas as to why but I want your ideas as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com Online
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah I think a lot of it is because of the unnecessary censoring and the like. Also since the quality and quantity of good shows on the channel has sharply decreased, they have probably lost a lot of viewers that would otherwise be coming to the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 pm

I believe that is part of it but I still think there is more. I want some more opinions.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Ok I think they are fading because a lot of conservatives are just turned off by the long arm of the law there. People have been complaining about MBG for a long time yet Admin 1 refuses to do anything about it. The basement used to be one of the best places to go until they let MBG be a Mod.

But all the blame cannot be put on her. I think the ads have a lot to do with it and people are just getting tired of it. What can advertising do if no one is going to go there and look at it. Man not only has Syfy screwed up Sci Fi Channel they have totally screwed the forums. I am just about done with those forums until SGU comes back on. Plus maybe people are migrating to syfywire. But I hear they are just as bad.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

I finally went to the SyFy forums today. I guess the last time I was there was in December. I know for me it's why go there anymore,all the shows I watched are gone and they don't even replay them on their daytime marathons.Gone are The Dresden Files The Invisible Man Firefly and Farescape.and so are the people who post in their forums.
As for MGB,I think she responded once to a post I made. Of course it was with her usual snark ,but I could deal with that. I just found it interesting that they allowed her to respond the way she does,talking down to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:07 pm

ford plasko wrote:
I finally went to the SyFy forums today. I guess the last time I was there was in December. I know for me it's why go there anymore,all the shows I watched are gone and they don't even replay them on their daytime marathons.Gone are The Dresden Files The Invisible Man Firefly and Farescape.and so are the people who post in their forums.
As for MGB,I think she responded once to a post I made. Of course it was with her usual snark ,but I could deal with that. I just found it interesting that they allowed her to respond the way she does,talking down to everyone.
I think that has turned a lot of people she has. She still snarks people off. I think a lot of people have just had enough. Even when I first posted this thread it still has gotten worse. Really scifi admin 1 needs to take a real hard look at her.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:27 am

SyFy forum fading even more. Hell anymore I have just as much traffic and I just run a crappy little forum.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I really don't go anywhere there except for the general thread, but yeah, that part at least is pretty dead.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Did you see what I did. I posted a website that Squall left up just to piss of MBG if I would have posted it just by itself she would have went crazy
Back to top Go down
AzaliaRazor

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:21 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Did you see what I did. I posted a website that Squall left up just to piss of MBG if I would have posted it just by itself she would have went crazy

What thread?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 am

Graybrew1 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

What thread?
It's in the SGU Off topic chatter. People have posted political stuff but have kept it civil and light. They post everything there.
Back to top Go down
frickaline

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Tue May 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello, all.

I just wanted to say I've left syfy forums just today. My reason for leaving was a specific moderator failing behave in a fashion befitting the position. I was a very new member there but I don't think I will be returning after being trolled by a moderator. I think its pretty damning for a forum to have bad moderation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzaliaRazor

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

I still go there. The one hit wonders are what are driving me crazy. Too many to make sense of have the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 pm

frickaline wrote:
Hello, all.

I just wanted to say I've left syfy forums just today. My reason for leaving was a specific moderator failing behave in a fashion befitting the position. I was a very new member there but I don't think I will be returning after being trolled by a moderator. I think its pretty damning for a forum to have bad moderation.
Welcome aboard. I think I know what mod you are talking about. That mod has been reported several times by more then one person. Yet admin one refuses to do anything to the mod. After a big battle with the mod Squall told the mod to leave me alone.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 am

I left the Sci-Fi forums because the rotten moderation really annoyed me.
The control-freak moderators there love to delete posts about anything at all controversial and anti-PC, which many of my posts were.

Without freedom of speech, a discussion website isn't worth visiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madskillz

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm

The bottom line is the changing of SyFy from scifi to general interest tv.
Regardless of the moderators people would still be posting in BSG, Stargate, etc forums. People are just not as excited and interested in shows like Being Human and Sanctuary.

SighFys scripted shows used to consistently get between a 1.0 and a 2.0. Now they get about a 0.5 on average. So, you have anywhere from a half to a quater as many people watching. And the 0.5 seems to be the absolute bottom their scripted shows get, indicating its people who will watch anything related to scifi or fantasy, no matter how disinterested in the show. So you get people a lot less motivated to go to the forum. Of course, it is possible the 0.5 includes a large number of people who have lost the remote and just keep watching SighFy cause they are too lazy to get up and change the channel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

I like the lazy line.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 am

I will say I think that some moderators had a lot to do with it also. When you had Farscape SG1 SGA Lexx and other shows on before reality shows then you had lots of participation. I am a believer reality shows are over. Worse thing Skiffy did was remove scifi Fridays.

Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Well, they are going after a wrestling audience. Can't really expect that crowd to be able to read & write, let alone use compooters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Well, they are going after a wrestling audience. Can't really expect that crowd to be able to read & write, let alone use compooters.
Never thought of that one. BAHAHAHAHA. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 am

Syfy's message board has been in a decline, long before any of you became members there. It started in 2003-2004 with what we called the "great migration". Thereafter, the network cancelling all the Sci-Fi shows took care of most that remained.

There are only a handful of members like myself, from the days of the Dominion (the boards creation). Those are members from 1996-2002. Half of us lost our accounts in the 2003 upgrade, then the hacking of 2004 after the migration, then again the upgrade of 2008.

The moderators at Syfy, are not moderators in the sense that you think of a board moderator. Only Squall has some semblance of being an actual moderator, in the abilities allowed his account. But even he cannot delete a post. So most of what you are blaming the moderators for, is actually being done by an Admin.

As if all the above were not enough, the final straw, was the board becoming a commercial one, back in 2006.

Hope that helps you understand. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Bandit wrote:
Syfy's message board has been in a decline, long before any of you became members there.

I first joined in either 99 or 2000. But I lost my account a few times. I was active on the Earth: Final Conflict forum as well as the mystery theater 3000 live captioning they used to do of the Scifi channel.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm

eber322 wrote:

I first joined in either 99 or 2000. But I lost my account a few times. I was active on the Earth: Final Conflict forum as well as the mystery theater 3000 live captioning they used to do of the Scifi channel.

I see. Then from 1996-2006, that's what you all missed. I'm sure in the last 7 years you noticed all the cancelled shows, regardless if you watched them or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:04 pm

AzaliaRazor wrote:
I still go there. The one hit wonders are what are driving me crazy. Too many to make sense of have the time.

I like your saying ""Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. " Leo Tolstoy"
That's true. Unless people change from within, the world will never really change for the better. And such change isn't really possible without God's help.

I don't go to SyFy anymore; it's better to let that site die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:43 am

Yup, it's fading fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is SyFy Forums fading?   

Back to top Go down

Why is SyFy Forums fading?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next