Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Another example of police brutality.

Go down 
+3
madskillz
Walterth3rd
Pissedoffvulcan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:51 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

No doubt there are bad police but not the majority of them. 99.9 percent of Americans never have a run in with police. It is only the few that say they are out of control. But for the most part the police are good people. It is easy for anyone to say they are out of control. But fact is they are not. Just like in the military you have bad people and good people. But the vast majority are good.

Agreed. As I stated, those complaining about the Police have nothing to do with their local government, and by default, national either. That, or they end up on the wrong side of the law. All Eber is doing, is proving my point.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:12 am

Bandit wrote:
Agreed. As I stated, those complaining about the Police have nothing to do with their local government, and by default, national either. That, or they end up on the wrong side of the law. All Eber is doing, is proving my point.

Right, because when I refute everything you say and you can't even back up your own claims, that somehow proves your point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:39 pm

eber322 wrote:
Bandit wrote:

Right, because when I refute everything you say and you can't even back up your own claims, that somehow proves your point.
I agree with eber the police are out of control and are being militarized. I fear the day a republican president is in office I can see him authorizing gunning down people in the streets just because of their skin color.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:25 pm

PappyLee wrote:
I agree with eber the police are out of control and are being militarized. I fear the day a republican president is in office I can see him authorizing gunning down people in the streets just because of their skin color.

The transformation of our police from Peace Officers to Military is independent from political party, it's been going on under both parties leadership.... just like the erosion of our rights. And the idea that a Republican president would authorize gunning people down just because of their skin color is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:01 am

Okay this is insane. 99.99 percent of police are good people. Just like any profession you are going to have bad people. I know police officers and have never had one problem with a police officer. Maybe that is because I say yes sir no sir to them and treat them with respect.

Last edited by Pissedoffvulcan on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:22 pm

I never said police are bad people. What I said is that police are no longer peace officers, they are military. And they are military that is trained and operates on level that makes them incapable of doing the job of a peace officer. Their training makes them, even if they are otherwise good people, bad police.

Lets take the police of Massachusetts as an example. I'm sure you'd agree that they are indicative of police anywhere in the country. Look what happened after the Boston bombing, nearly every force in that state sent officers to "help". And what did all those officers do? They geared up in full body armor, picked up machine guns, drove their tanks up and down city roads, and forced thousands of innocent civilians out of their own homes at gun point in order to carry out UnConstitutional, warrantless, illegal, door to door searches. Most of those officers are probably considered "good people" by their friends and a acquaintances, yet they went ahead and violated the highest law of the land, peoples rights, and treated an entire city like they were incarcerated criminals.

Ditto for what the police did in New Orleans after the dikes broke. They went door to door and illegally violated the Constitution by seizing peoples legal firearms. Not only violating the highest law of the land and individuals rights, but leaving them defenseless during a time that they especially needed to be able to defend themselves.

Both of those situations have set deadly precedent for our whole country, and revealed just what "good people" are willing to do under orders. It happened in those states, it can happen anywhere. And those are just some big examples.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

The "highest law in the land", meaning the Constitution, in particular, the 10th amendment, has been flagrantly disregarded by the executive, legislative and judicial branches by people of BOTH parties for a very long time now.

To me, this is the primary appeal of the "Tea Party" philosophy. Limit the government to the powers expressly granted to it by the Constitution and most of our other headaches will vanish overnight.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:44 pm

Annoyed wrote:
The "highest law in the land", meaning the Constitution, in particular, the 10th amendment, has been flagrantly disregarded by the executive, legislative and judicial branches by people of BOTH parties for a very long time now.

To me, this is the primary appeal of the "Tea Party" philosophy. Limit the government to the powers expressly granted to it by the Constitution and most of our other headaches will vanish overnight.

That is true, and has been since the so called US Civil War when we ceased to be a Union of States and became one large STATE. And you're right, the only way to fix that and most other problems is to return to following the Constitution. Which would mean the fed would have to give up 90+ % of the power it currently holds and return it to the states where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 pm

eber322 wrote:
I never said police are bad people. What I said is that police are no longer peace officers, they are military. And they are military that is trained and operates on level that makes them incapable of doing the job of a peace officer. Their training makes them, even if they are otherwise good people, bad police.

Lets take the police of Massachusetts as an example. I'm sure you'd agree that they are indicative of police anywhere in the country. Look what happened after the Boston bombing, nearly every force in that state sent officers to "help". And what did all those officers do? They geared up in full body armor, picked up machine guns, drove their tanks up and down city roads, and forced thousands of innocent civilians out of their own homes at gun point in order to carry out UnConstitutional, warrantless, illegal, door to door searches. Most of those officers are probably considered "good people" by their friends and a acquaintances, yet they went ahead and violated the highest law of the land, peoples rights, and treated an entire city like they were incarcerated criminals.

Ditto for what the police did in New Orleans after the dikes broke. They went door to door and illegally violated the Constitution by seizing peoples legal firearms. Not only violating the highest law of the land and individuals rights, but leaving them defenseless during a time that they especially needed to be able to defend themselves.

Both of those situations have set deadly precedent for our whole country, and revealed just what "good people" are willing to do under orders. It happened in those states, it can happen anywhere. And those are just some big examples.
The bombers no one knew what they had on them. Police now have no choice but to use that stuff. I know you only want them to carry 9mms and have no protection during a situation like what happened in Boston.

New Orleans I will not lay the blame on police but on the politicians who approved it.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Okay this is insane. 99.99 percent of police are good people. Just like any profession you are going to have bad people. I know police officers and have never had one problem with a police officer. Maybe that is because I say yes sir no sir to them and treat them with respect.

You're wasting your time bro. Just let it go.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:21 pm

And again I say that the problems are not caused by the police officers themselves, but rather with a government which ignores the limits placed upon it by the Constitution at will, with no consequences.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Annoyed wrote:
And again I say that the problems are not caused by the police officers themselves, but rather with a government which ignores the limits placed upon it by the Constitution at will, with no consequences.

Oh, really? I'm going to school you, because you clearly don't know.

The governments (yes, plural) and the Constitutions (yes, again plural), as well as Charters, are in fact being strictly adhered to by relevant entities, as it pertains to this topic.

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh yes, warrantless searches of innocent civilians and their homes, after being forced out at machine gun point, are completely covered not only by the US Constitution but by state constitutions as well.... NOT.

I'm still waiting for a list of the "great many places" in the US where police aren't allowed to carry guns. I even tried looking it up myself and couldn't find even a single town, city, etc in the US. Seems like you have the US and the UK confused.

Last edited by eber322 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
The bombers no one knew what they had on them. Police now have no choice but to use that stuff. I know you only want them to carry 9mms and have no protection during a situation like what happened in Boston.

New Orleans I will not lay the blame on police but on the politicians who approved it.

No, when there is a dangerous situation you call in the swat team. They are the ones that should handle those situations. What you don't do is send police-military to do illegal searches and treat civilians like criminals. After they found out where the bomber was, then you send in the swat to get them. And not only were the searches and treatment of civilians illegal, they were ineffective. All the police marching around preforming exactly like Nazi gestapo didn't find the guy. It was a citizen that called in and reported him.

It doesn't matter if politicians approved it or not, you can't violate Constitutional rights. If politicians ordered police to go around and shoot all black people, should they do it? The police should have refused to violate the peoples rights. Police, just like all citizens should answer first and foremost to the law, not politicians. And there is no law higher than the Constitution and no way for a politician to legally violate or take away the God given rights protected by the Constitution.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 5:54 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

No, when there is a dangerous situation you call in the swat team. They are the ones that should handle those situations. What you don't do is send police-military to do illegal searches and treat civilians like criminals. After they found out where the bomber was, then you send in the swat to get them. And not only were the searches and treatment of civilians illegal, they were ineffective. All the police marching around preforming exactly like Nazi gestapo didn't find the guy. It was a citizen that called in and reported him.  

It doesn't matter if politicians approved it or not, you can't violate Constitutional rights. If politicians ordered police to go around and shoot all black people, should they do it? The police should have refused to violate the peoples rights. Police, just like all citizens should answer first and foremost to the law, not politicians. And there is no law higher than the Constitution and no way for a politician to legally violate or take away the God given rights protected by the Constitution.
SWAT cannot do it all alone. I am no law enforcement official neither are you so we do not know what they go through. People are going to complain I do believe they did call in SWAT when they found them.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 3:34 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

SWAT cannot do it all alone. I am no law enforcement official neither are you so we do not know what they go through. People are going to complain I do believe they did call in SWAT when they found them.

You're still just wasting your time. Just let it go.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:45 pm

Bandit wrote:
You're still just wasting your time. Just let it go.

He's wasting his time? You're the one that jumped into this conversation with nonsense claims you can't back up, and now you're bringing it back up, with nothing to add of course, after it has been dead for six days. Why don't you let it go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:04 pm

Let's face it cops get what they deserve.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 am

PappyLee wrote:
Let's face it cops get what they deserve.
Let's take a few cases.

Ya because every thing was based on a lie when it came to Ferguson. I think the New York case is tragic but charges not sure about that. I think the family if anything should be outraged an ambulance was not called sooner. Maybe they have a civil lawsuit. But even the daughter said it was not racist.
LA CA the guy tried to grab the gun from the officer.
The other Ferguson shooting the guy pointed a gun at the officer what the hell do you think was going to happen in each case with the exception of the New York case.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 11:06 am

Well, it looks like those that think the police are out of control, are getting what they deserve. And forget that BS Obama, the NAACP and those with the "Black Lives Matter" movement tried to tell you about this.

The above mentioned tried to say something coined "The Ferguson Effect", was total hooey. In a just released survey of 8,000 police officers nationwide, sadly, it is true. It is my opinion this is largely the fault of the media.

Hope you peeps never need a cop anytime soon. I doubt they will respond. If so, they won't use force except to save their own life, if they have the time.

Anyhoo, here's the results of the survey.

****WARNING****

The following survey is extremely long. Take the time to read through it all.

What do the Police think?
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 8:04 pm

eber322 wrote:
And where exactly is that? I've never heard of any district, city, county, etc in the US where cops go unarmed while on duty.

That's because you've never left Michigan. Try seeing the rest of the nation.

Link

I've seen the same in Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, and quite a few other states. In rural places, they simply do not need them, so the people do not allow them to carry them. Even in the above case, the people didn't change their laws.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another example of police brutality.   Another example of police brutality. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another example of police brutality.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2