Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

The big list of canceled shows

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ford plasko

ford plasko

The big list of canceled shows Empty
PostSubject: Longmire Cancelled   The big list of canceled shows EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:53 pm

So the show was a hit,unfortunately the viewers were too old. Excuse me.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/why-a-hit-tv-show-got-canceled-its-fans-were-too-old-1410451057?mod=djem10point
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 6:32 pm

ford plasko wrote:
So the show was a hit,unfortunately the viewers were too old. Excuse me.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/why-a-hit-tv-show-got-canceled-its-fans-were-too-old-1410451057?mod=djem10point

I like Longmire, I hope it gets picked up by somebody else.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:10 pm

It ended with one of the best cliff-hangers since Farscape. Even if Netflicks takes it I may have to spend some money to find out what happened.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:02 am

The big list of canceled shows C835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f

Longmire has been picked up for a fourth season by Netflix!

Quote :
Once again, Netflix is the fairy godmother to canceled shows: “Longmire,” formerly of A&E, has officially been renewed for a fourth season and has a new home.

Netflix ordered 10 episodes of the Western drama, which was scrapped by the cable network this summer after three years. However, when one of the actors tweeted that the cast was still under contract until February, the rabid “Longmire” fanbase held its breath the show could go the “Community” route and get picked up by an online provider.

The show’s initial cancellation by A&E was a surprise to many, given that it was the most-watched scripted drama on the channel, pulling in around 5.6 million viewers a week. However, as the Wall Street Journal pointed out in a detailed story about its demise, it mostly boiled down to one fact: “Longmire” viewers were too old. With an average age of around 60 — well outside of the age that A&E covets for advertisers.

But guess who doesn’t care about advertisers and the appealing 18-to-49-year-old demographic? Netflix!

“When Warner Horizon Television came to us with the idea for a new season of ‘Longmire,’ we were intrigued because the series is so unique, and consistently great,” Cindy Holland, Netflix’s VP of original content, said in the announcement. “We are thrilled to help continue Walt Longmire’s story for his large and passionate following.”

Based on the Walt Longmire mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Aussie actor Robert Taylor stars as the title character: The “charismatic, dedicated and unflappable” Wyoming small town sheriff. The cast also includes Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips and Bailey Chase.

Spoiler alert: No word on a premiere date, but Netflix confirms that Season 4 picks up right after last season’s finale, when — seriously, spoiler alert! — Walt finally finds out who murdered his wife.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2014/11/19/longmire-picked-up-for-a-fourth-season-by-netflix-the-fairy-godmother-to-canceled-tv-shows/
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Whatever happened to the good old days when children were to be seen & not heard?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Whatever happened to the good old days when children were to be seen & not heard?

Huh?
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Netflix here I come!
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 pm

ford plasko wrote:
Netflix here I come!

just don't sign up right away if this show is all you want it for. They haven't said when the show will be available to view yet.

When you do get it, check out some of the other Netflix originals available for streaming; like "House of Cards": pretty good political show starring Kevin Spacey, "Lillyhammer": New York mobster enters witness protection and goes to live in Norway, "Hemlock Grove": pretty good horror drama series with vampires, werewolves and even a female version of a Frankensteins monster. "Orange Is the New Black": drama about convics in a female prison.

I've watched and enjoyed them all and the good thing is that once Netflix puts a season of a show up, the whole thing is available at the same time so you can watch the eps at your own pace.

Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:52 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while. I very rarely watch TV shows when they air anyway because of my work schedule and then binge watch to get caught up using the on-demand from the cable company. Just saw tonight that Supernatural is being offered on demand,but only two episodes.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:14 am

Since we've been talking about Netflix picking up shows, thought I'd talk about what I saw just today in the news. The show "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" produced by Tina Fey and starring Ellie Kemper (late of The Office) was supposed to be new mid-season show for NBC later this season. Well NBC dumped it before it even started to air and Netflix picked it up.

Shows how much NBC sucks, they had exactly three new shows I wanted to see for this season; Constantine: which is airing but I'm disappointed in, Emerald City: A really cool looking show based off the original OZ books that they dumped, and now this show that sounds like a good comedy and has two very talented and funny women attached to it.

Thinking about it, NBC has to be my least favorite channel out of the big four. There are only three shows I watch on it, Grimm, The Blacklist, and Constantine. And Constantine I don't think is very good and I'd probably have already stopped watching if it wasn't on right after Grimm.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:57 am

NBC is definitely my least watched network but so far I've been pleased with Constantine. I have yet to read but a portion of the Hellblazer comics so I'm no expert on the subject.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:06 pm

ford plasko wrote:
NBC is definitely my least watched network but so far I've been pleased with Constantine. I have yet to read but a portion of the Hellblazer comics so I'm no expert on the subject.

Yeah, I'm not saying Constantine is horrible, I just expected more out of it... probably because of the comics. That said it is still new, maybe it will get better at meeting my expectations.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 4:38 pm

eber322 wrote:
Annoyed wrote:

Huh?

That was an oft-repeated phrase when I was growing up; that children were to be seen and not heard. Nowadays, the only people the media cater to is an increasingly whiny bunch of children 'cause they're still naive enough to buy whatever nonsense they want to advertise, whereas the mature viewer can make his purchasing decision on their own using their own intelligence and reasoning skills.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Now I'm pizzed off!   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:21 am

They canceled "Forever", I really liked that show. And now I'll never learn the secret of his immortality.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:11 pm

eber322 wrote:
They canceled "Forever", I really liked that show. And now I'll never learn the secret of his immortality.
And they trashed the theory about getting killed again with the same weapon that killed him the first time, too.

Yeah, I liked this show too, and I'm sad to see it go, but at least they gave it a tolerable ending. No big cliffhanger which will never be resolved.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Never watched it.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Ash vs. Evil Dead canceled.   The big list of canceled shows EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 11:13 am

This really sucks.......

“Ash vs. Evil Dead” has been canceled at Starz, Variety has confirmed.

The series will air its third season finale on April 29, which will now serve as the series finale. The series saw Bruce Campbell reprise the role of Ash Williams, the chainsaw-wielding anti-hero tasked with saving the world from evil in the “Evil Dead” film franchise. The series also starred Dana DeLorenzo, Ray Santiago, and Lucy Lawless.

The third season saw Ash, having gone from murderous urban legend to humanity-saving hometown hero, discovering that he has a long-lost daughter who has been entrusted in his care. Meanwhile, Kelly (DeLorenzo) witnessed a televised massacre with Ruby’s (Lawless) fingerprints all over it, and she returned with a new friend to warn Ash and Pablo (Santiago) that evil wasn’t done with them yet.

Campbell was also an executive producer on the series, along with Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert from the original film franchise. The show had seen a steep fall off in its ratings during Season 3, averaging just a 0.08 rating in adults 18-49 and 177,000 viewers per episode with two episodes remaining in the season.

Starz current originals slate includes “Power,” “American Gods,” and “Counterpart.” They will also launch the shows “Sweetbitter” and “Vida” in May. The premium cabler previously canceled the comedy “Survivor’s Remorse” back in October after four seasons.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/ash-vs-evil-dead-canceled-starz-1202775341/
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Damnation canceled.   The big list of canceled shows EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am

Don't know if anybody here watched this show, but i liked it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 pm

I will say this. The show did go downhill the last season. Oh well we still have Stan vs Evil I think.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 9:04 pm

I don't know, I haven't seen the third season yet. Watched the first two on dvd.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyMon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I will say this. The show did go downhill the last season. Oh well we still have Stan vs Evil  I think.

Yeah I don't get Starz so I started watching Stan. Have to admit I laughed a lot. Hope it doesn't go anywhere
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyWed May 02, 2018 8:11 pm

It looks like Stan Against Evil's fight isn't over quite yet.
The fan-favorite IFC horror-comedy was officially renewed for a third season earlier this week. Stan Against Evil stars John C. McGinley (Scrubs) and Janet Varney (You're the Worst, The Legend of Korra), and is created by Dana Gould (The Simpsons, Parks and Recreation).

Stan Against Evil follows Stan Miller (McGinley), the perpetually disgruntled former sheriff of a small New England town, and Evie Barret (Varney), his younger, more spirited successor, and how the two are forced into an unlikely alliance upon realizing their sleepy little town is the subject of a 300-year-old demonic curse.
http://comicbook.com/horror/2018/01/16/stan-against-evil-season-3-ifc-tv-show/
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: The Crossing canceled   The big list of canceled shows EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Well another good show gone. I think what hurt this show was that it started off slow. The second half of the season was good and the last two episodes were great. It looked like season two would have been good. I doubt anybody will pick this one up though, the ratings were always low. Too bad since this show really shaped up and the set up for season two has me excited.... or would have if I didn't already know it was canceled.

Last edited by eber322 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Never got into that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big list of canceled shows   The big list of canceled shows Empty

Back to top Go down

The big list of canceled shows
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next