Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

New Trek Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

New Trek Show Empty
PostSubject: New Trek Show   New Trek Show EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Whatever happened with Jean Luc Picard? Well Patrick Stewart confirmed we will all find out. He is reprising his character in a new Trek series:

Link

It will not be a reboot/reimagined TNG, but rather pick-up where we last saw the character. As you would imagine, Trek fans are going wild and full of questions.

According to CBS, this show will be "In-Cannon". That means everything Picard has done, is still relevant to the new show.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

New Trek Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trek Show   New Trek Show EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 9:55 pm

I noticed he said "Jean Luc Picard is back", not Captain Picard. I fully expect this new show to skip ahead of where we last saw Picard. I'm thinking he will be an Admiral giving out orders via subspace to some new crew. I just hope that this is a real Star Trek show unlike STD. I'm hopeful, just as I was for STD... I'd be more hopeful if it wasn't the same people doing the new show though. It would be nice to have some more Star Trek, 2005 was a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

New Trek Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trek Show   New Trek Show EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 11:55 am

I have no expectations from this. They already blew over 127 million producing STD. Add to it, right now it's just talk. Patrick will be 80 years old in 2 years, so that will be an issue as well (health, physical activity, stunts etc). It will be on all Access IF they actually make it. And they have used big names for a "bait and switch" before.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

New Trek Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trek Show   New Trek Show EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Bandit wrote:
I have no expectations from this.
I don't either, not really. But I do hold out some hope anyway. I was still hopeful for STD up until it aired, despite the previews and rumors. I guess I just can't help it, I want some REAL Star Trek so bad. I actually thought STD would be good when Fuller was still involved, I think he left because they insisted on making garbage.

Bandit wrote:
Patrick will be 80 years old in 2 years, so that will be an issue as well (health, physical activity, stunts etc).
Right, which is why I expect him to be a 'talking head' on the view screen while sitting behind a desk at Starfleet Command. Which could still be neat if the show is good.

Bandit wrote:
It will be on all Access IF they actually make it. And they have used big names for a "bait and switch" before.
Supposedly these new shows they are talking about will be on network tv... But they could very well be lying about that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Trek Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Trek Show   New Trek Show Empty

Back to top Go down

New Trek Show
Page 1 of 1