Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Stargate : Origins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Stargate : Origins Empty
PostSubject: Stargate : Origins   Stargate : Origins EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 pm

I've been asked about this many times, so I'll address it now. It isn't "Stargate", IMHO. Yes, it has one, and yes they had 1 familiar character, but nothing more.

You would think MGM learned from mistakes made before (Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and even Stargate) Once it's gone, that's it. It took years for those shows, to get the fans they had. But once cancelled, it's over. You won't get the same fanbase back.

So I'm not going to waste my time and/or money, watching anybodies feeble attempt to cash in one the franchises. I'll just remember them for what they were and when.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stargate : Origins   Stargate : Origins EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 pm

I didn't know this had aired (or rather had streamed?) since it was on a streaming service. I have seen some previews and thought it looked like crap. Looked more like Indiana Jones than Stargate, but I'll probably check it out though since it still seems to be available for viewing.

EDIT: Or maybe not. The Stargate site wants me to register when I click to watch a movie and it says something about a "pass". I don't want to register and I'm certainly not going to pay to see it. I see it's on youtube, I'll watch it there.

Last edited by eber322 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Stargate : Origins   Stargate : Origins EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 5:23 pm

I never mentioned it for reasons I posted. Not even folks at Gateworld were interested. Even before they started streaming it, we figured out they lied. It was totally reimagined. Had nothing to do with 16 years of the franchise, other than what I posted.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Stargate : Origins   Stargate : Origins EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Bandit wrote:
I never mentioned it for reasons I posted.

Yeah I get it, but as a Stargate fan who bought dvds of all the SG1 seasons I still feel I need to watch it. But thanks, at least I know not to expect anything from it. Sounds like the Stargate version of Jar Trek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargate : Origins   Stargate : Origins Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargate : Origins
Page 1 of 1