Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

9 Star Trek series you never heard about.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Earlier this year, Star Trek: Discovery became the sixth series to continue the spacefaring mission of Gene Roddenberry's original '60s Trek, following in the footsteps of The Animated Series (1973-74), The Next Generation (1987-94), Deep Space Nine (1993-99), Voyager (1995-2001) and Enterprise (2001-05). Not to mention the movies.
But these were far from the only Trek series developed, pitched or planned in the near-50 years since The Original Series departed our screens.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/a843758/star-trek-series-spin-off-sequel-remake-scrapped/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Almost all of them sound like better ideas than STD. I really wanted a series based on Sulu and the Excelsior, we saw glimpses of that in the movies and on Voyager. I figured they could of had him as the Cpt, of course, and had Chekov as the first officer. Unfortunately, due to their ages, that show would have needed to happen back when they did Enterprise.

The only idea of those 9 that I don't like is:
#2 A TOS reboot. Reboots always suck, as the Jar Trek movies prove.

And I question the idea of #6 "Hopeship". Not that it necessarily sounds like a bad idea, but I don't see how to make a medical drama based on fictitious future tech.

The rest sound good to me, especially 1(although if they'd done a phase 2 without Nimoy and or Shatner, that probably would have doomed it),3, 8 and 9.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 am

I heard about the one the guy that did Babylon 5 wanted. They should have let him do it. B5 was a great series. To bad it would have been epic. I look for them to do a B5 reboot sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    

Back to top Go down

9 Star Trek series you never heard about.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Science Fiction TV Shows. :: The Basement General Discussion, Politics, Pet Peeves. :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: