Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

9 Star Trek series you never heard about.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

9 Star Trek series you never heard about.  Empty
PostSubject: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    9 Star Trek series you never heard about.  EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Earlier this year, Star Trek: Discovery became the sixth series to continue the spacefaring mission of Gene Roddenberry's original '60s Trek, following in the footsteps of The Animated Series (1973-74), The Next Generation (1987-94), Deep Space Nine (1993-99), Voyager (1995-2001) and Enterprise (2001-05). Not to mention the movies.
But these were far from the only Trek series developed, pitched or planned in the near-50 years since The Original Series departed our screens.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/feature/a843758/star-trek-series-spin-off-sequel-remake-scrapped/
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    9 Star Trek series you never heard about.  EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Almost all of them sound like better ideas than STD. I really wanted a series based on Sulu and the Excelsior, we saw glimpses of that in the movies and on Voyager. I figured they could of had him as the Cpt, of course, and had Chekov as the first officer. Unfortunately, due to their ages, that show would have needed to happen back when they did Enterprise.

The only idea of those 9 that I don't like is:
#2 A TOS reboot. Reboots always suck, as the Jar Trek movies prove.

And I question the idea of #6 "Hopeship". Not that it necessarily sounds like a bad idea, but I don't see how to make a medical drama based on fictitious future tech.

The rest sound good to me, especially 1(although if they'd done a phase 2 without Nimoy and or Shatner, that probably would have doomed it),3, 8 and 9.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    9 Star Trek series you never heard about.  EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 9:23 am

I heard about the one the guy that did Babylon 5 wanted. They should have let him do it. B5 was a great series. To bad it would have been epic. I look for them to do a B5 reboot sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 Star Trek series you never heard about.    9 Star Trek series you never heard about.  Empty

Back to top Go down

9 Star Trek series you never heard about.
Page 1 of 1