Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

That was better than I was expecting it to be.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

That was better than I was expecting it to be. Empty
PostSubject: Re: That was better than I was expecting it to be.   That was better than I was expecting it to be. EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 4:10 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Agreed. The only problem I have with besides what you named is that the cast kneeled after the premier.

They what? How do you even know that? I didn't see that on the broadcast I watched.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-star-trek-discovery-apos-175634713.html
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: That was better than I was expecting it to be.   That was better than I was expecting it to be. EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 9:37 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Agreed. The only problem I have with besides what you named is that the cast kneeled after the premier.

They what? How do you even know that? I didn't see that on the broadcast I watched.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: That was better than I was expecting it to be.   That was better than I was expecting it to be. EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 7:10 pm

Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: That was better than I was expecting it to be.   That was better than I was expecting it to be. EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am

It wasn't super awesome by any means, but better than I had been expecting.

The good:
The effects, the CGI, the spacescapes were all really impressive.
The new alien species were well done. Those bug dudes on the planet and the tall guy on the bridge. Very good makeup.
Acting wasn't bad.

The bad:
Klingons were total garbage. Both the species themselves and their ships. They and everything about them looked more Xindi than Klingon.
Federation tech was WAY to advanced. They were even using the holographic communication that was never invented until DS9.
The Klingons didn't have cloaking before TOS, and that they got from the Romulans.

Funny how several people associated with this show have been quick to assure fans that they respect canon, then they screw up every single thing about the Klingons. The only klingon thing they got right was the trefoil klingon symbol. I think the claim that was made about the female commander being a transgender was false. Yes she has a male name, Michael, yet her crew repeatedly referred to her as she and her... they never used a male pronoun for her. Why she has a male name they have not yet said, but we do know her family was killed... perhaps she took her fathers name, or a brothers in memory of them? Who knows, but it seems likely she isn't actually a male in a womans body as reported.

All in all, if the Klingons weren't all screwed up, or if they'd simply given this total new species a name of its own, I'd not complain to much. I wasn't blown away by this episode at all, but aside from the Klingons was interested enough to tune in for more.... to bad they won't broadcast anymore. (I still think they might end up broadcasting it later on in the season when they find out enough people aren't paying for CBS All Access).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That was better than I was expecting it to be.   That was better than I was expecting it to be. Empty

Back to top Go down

That was better than I was expecting it to be.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: INTERNET :: Other Pay Sites :: Star Trek Discovery.-
Jump to: