Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Star Treks first same sex couple.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Star Treks first same sex couple.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Okay the same sex couple really did not turn out to be. The guys partner got killed. Not saying he wont get a new one but.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Out of curiosity I decided to watch the first episode, and it didn't fail to disappoint. Ahh...so many reasons.

First, Federation starships are warships/exploration vessels, used to protect Federation planets, colonies, and ships. As an old fashioned guy in many ways, I strongly dislike the idea of women in combat roles. Therefore, I don't like women in command of such ships or having fighting roles. On the other hand, having women crewmen on board isn't a problem for me, because there are many non-military ways they can serve. So it can work out if done right, but this series doesn't even try. Surprise surprise - it seems to delight in attacking the traditional role of women in society, as both the commander and first officer are women.

Second, the first officer (a woman) is named Michael, a guy's name. So they've added gender confusion to the mix.

Third, Star Trek was created in the USA, and I like American names for the ships. This new ship is named the Shenzhou, and is commanded, of course, by an oriental woman. No thanks.

Fourth, they will soon introduce a queer couple, a new devolutionary low for the series.

So all in all, this series has become crud, and I won't watch another episode.

The Orville is almost as bad, indicating a spreading moral sickness emanating from Hollywood like a plague. Our society is really degenerating, and I'm expecting economic collapse to follow as our elected idiots spend us out of existence, while a clueless public cheers them on.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Bandit wrote:
Can't say I didn't warn you. CBS can slap "Star Trek" on anything they want. As can Paramount. It doesn't mean it has anything to do with the actual franchise we know of. It's simply a ripoff of the franchise to make more money.

The Jar Trek movies Abrams made has already proven that point. I just really wanted to hope this tv series wouldn't suck. I think it probably would have be a good show if they'd let Bryan Fuller run it the way he wanted. But they insisted on making it crap which is why he left. Oh well. Maybe when Orville kicks their asses in ratings they'll finally get it.... but probably not.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 11:32 am

Can't say I didn't warn you. CBS can slap "Star Trek" on anything they want. As can Paramount. It doesn't mean it has anything to do with the actual franchise we know of. It's simply a ripoff of the franchise to make more money.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am

eber322 wrote:
Hey Skycastle, good to see you back.

This news doesn't surprise me one bit. Pushing all this liberal crap is all these tv/movie people are interested in doing in this world anymore. I also heard that these new retarded looking Klingons are supposed to be an allegory for Trump Republicans.... Klingons (bad guys) of course, used to be an allegory for the Soviets, and the Federation (good guys) were an allegory for the USA. Now, Trump Republicans will be the bad guys and the liberal Clinton lovers will be the good guys. I fully expect the series focus to be on how the Klingons want to build a wall around their space, and how they won't let some lovely peaceful species immigrate into their territory.
At least in TNG the Ferangi were the capitalist. They came up with a new race. I liked the Ferangi. But even Discovery could not make NK into the Klingons. Idiots.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Hey Skycastle, good to see you back.

This news doesn't surprise me one bit. Pushing all this liberal crap is all these tv/movie people are interested in doing in this world anymore. I also heard that these new retarded looking Klingons are supposed to be an allegory for Trump Republicans.... Klingons (bad guys) of course, used to be an allegory for the Soviets, and the Federation (good guys) were an allegory for the USA. Now, Trump Republicans will be the bad guys and the liberal Clinton lovers will be the good guys. I fully expect the series focus to be on how the Klingons want to build a wall around their space, and how they won't let some lovely peaceful species immigrate into their territory.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks for the warning - I had planed to see the premier. I wouldn't call this progression, I'd call it regression, and sadly too many Leftists just love to puke their perversion onto the rest of us through TV. Even George Takei was opposed to making Sulu queer in the movie. I give him credit for that.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Star Treks first same sex couple.    Star Treks first same sex couple.  EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 4:37 pm

You have to be kidding me. Now I know I will not be watching. At least the Orville did it tactfully with a race of all males.
Star Trek as a franchise is rather diverse, but it’s yet to depict a relationship between two people of the same sex. That’s about to change with CBS’ Star Trek: Discovery though, as new character Paul Stamets (Anthony Rapp) is in a relationship with another male, Hugh Culber (Wilson Cruz). It’s yet another mark of progression for the franchise as a whole.Star Treks first same sex couple.  2kX7tdb
Back to top Go down

Star Treks first same sex couple.
Page 1 of 1