Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Star Trek New Series.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

Star Trek New Series.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 am

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I was talking to a friend of mine at work. He went ahead and got Sling TV. He pays $40.00 a month and gets about every channel.

The problem with Sling tv (and Playsatation Vue) is you don't get the locals, just the cable channels. So, no ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, or CW. Some of those you do get some on demand content. But, that's a deal breaker for me. They charge as much, or nearly, as the cable and satellite services but don't provide all the content. Might be ok if you use them in conjunction with an OTA antenna. But even if I had an antenna for all the locals, I'd go to Hulu for the cable content. That's only $12 a month for the commercial free on demand cable shows.
Ya after checking it out. My cable is about the same price. Not only that I only have to pay one place for my internet and cable. Worth the convenience.
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 10:47 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I was talking to a friend of mine at work. He went ahead and got Sling TV. He pays $40.00 a month and gets about every channel.

The problem with Sling tv (and Playsatation Vue) is you don't get the locals, just the cable channels. So, no ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, or CW. Some of those you do get some on demand content. But, that's a deal breaker for me. They charge as much, or nearly, as the cable and satellite services but don't provide all the content. Might be ok if you use them in conjunction with an OTA antenna. But even if I had an antenna for all the locals, I'd go to Hulu for the cable content. That's only $12 a month for the commercial free on demand cable shows.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Have you ever tried 123movies.to ?

No, I haven't. I've seen many sites like it though.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 5:15 pm

eber322 wrote:
Well CBS is trying to entice subscribers with a one month free to All Access offer. Advertised to Trek fans to watch the new show, which they said premiers Sept 24th.

I may sign up for the free month, should be able to watch the first three or four episodes that way... Of course I'm assuming they will release episodes one a week. Should be enough for me to confirm the show is garbage, or to be surprised if it's not. If it's actually worth watching, I'll drop the subscription at the end of the free trial and add the series to my Netflix queue for whenever it is available there.

EDIT: pffft! Well skip that idea, I went back and looked at the offer and the deadline to sign up for the free month is Aug 18th. Which means the "free month" will end before the new show even starts! Obviously they are hoping people will pay to watch after already being signed up, and probably hoping a lot of people can be charged when they forget to cancel before the "free" months time is up as well. Freaking total scam move on their part, but then so is putting the show on a streaming service instead of their network in the first place.
Have you ever tried 123movies.to ?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:22 am

Well CBS is trying to entice subscribers with a one month free to All Access offer. Advertised to Trek fans to watch the new show, which they said premiers Sept 24th.

I may sign up for the free month, should be able to watch the first three or four episodes that way... Of course I'm assuming they will release episodes one a week. Should be enough for me to confirm the show is garbage, or to be surprised if it's not. If it's actually worth watching, I'll drop the subscription at the end of the free trial and add the series to my Netflix queue for whenever it is available there.

EDIT: pffft! Well skip that idea, I went back and looked at the offer and the deadline to sign up for the free month is Aug 18th. Which means the "free month" will end before the new show even starts! Obviously they are hoping people will pay to watch after already being signed up, and probably hoping a lot of people can be charged when they forget to cancel before the "free" months time is up as well. Freaking total scam move on their part, but then so is putting the show on a streaming service instead of their network in the first place.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I love the actress but if they are going to try and social engineer Star Trek it is dead for me. Total BS.

Yeah, but unfortunately they social engineer every show on tv nowadays. An alien watching our television broadcasts would think about 25%-30% of our populations is homosexual instead of the actual 2%-3%. Watching the BBC you'd think half their population was homosexual. I can't think of any current show that doesn't have homosexual characters in it anymore. Dark Matter was the only show on Styfy, until the last episode when they revealed Two's old love affair with the Androids creator.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 6:05 pm

eber322 wrote:
Actually the first officer character is a 'man' played by a female. So, S/He will be some kind of transgender. I'm guessing that they will try and spin it as a transporter accident where a man ended up inside a females body when he rematerialized. But either way, it is definitely " some Politically Correct :hankey:"
I love the actress but if they are going to try and social engineer Star Trek it is dead for me. Total BS.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Actually the first officer character is a 'man' played by a female. So, S/He will be some kind of transgender. I'm guessing that they will try and spin it as a transporter accident where a man ended up inside a females body when he rematerialized. But either way, it is definitely " some Politically Correct :hankey:"
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
You honestly think it will beat Game of Thrones?

Difference is that shows like GOT air on premium cable channels. Although a lot of people might illegally download them, most simply accept the fact that those premium channels cost extra. With STD (great idea for a tile given how it will be abbreviated huh?), CBS is taking a show that SHOULD be airing on their broadcast channel and trying to make fans pay to see it. I think that paying to see a show that should be free, or part of your cable subscription, is causing a lot of resentment among fans and most of them will either download it illegal rather than pay to see it, or simply refuse to ever watch it period.

I also won't be surprised if their new subscriber rate to All Access is so low that CBS ends up putting the show on air in the end anyway in order to try and not lose money on it.
Well I will not be subscribing to it. CBS has delayed it. Not only that they have a female Captain and a Female First officer. I think they are going to try and pull some Politically Correct :hankey:
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 10:06 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Difference is that shows like GOT air on premium cable channels. Although a lot of people might illegally download them, most simply accept the fact that those premium channels cost extra. With STD (great idea for a tile given how it will be abbreviated huh?), CBS is taking a show that SHOULD be airing on their broadcast channel and trying to make fans pay to see it. I think that paying to see a show that should be free, or part of your cable subscription, is causing a lot of resentment among fans and most of them will either download it illegal rather than pay to see it, or simply refuse to ever watch it period.

I also won't be surprised if their new subscriber rate to All Access is so low that CBS ends up putting the show on air in the end anyway in order to try and not lose money on it.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:41 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I think Amazon is carrying it when it airs.

I don't think so, unless something has recently changed. It will only be shown on CBS All Access in the US, Space Channel in Canada, and it will air on Netflix in the rest of the world.

I think with the huge Trek fan base and the fact that it will only air on pay services in most of the world... this will be one of, if not THE, biggest illegally downloaded show ever.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I don't think so, unless something has recently changed. It will only be shown on CBS All Access in the US, Space Channel in Canada, and it will air on Netflix in the rest of the world.

I think with the huge Trek fan base and the fact that it will only air on pay services in most of the world... this will be one of, if not THE, biggest illegally downloaded show ever.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Not sure yet. I don't think it would be worth it for one show.

I don't think CBS All Access is worth it period. It's a hundred bucks a year to watch just CBS shows..... They should pay me a hundred bucks a year to watch their shows. I'll wait for the Trek show to come out on dvd and watch it on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 9:47 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

I don't think CBS All Access is worth it period. It's a hundred bucks a year to watch just CBS shows..... They should pay me a hundred bucks a year to watch their shows. I'll wait for the Trek show to come out on dvd and watch it on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:56 pm

eber322 wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I will give it a shot.

You're going to subscribe to CBS All Access in order to watch it?
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I will give it a shot.

You're going to subscribe to CBS All Access in order to watch it?
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Bandit wrote:
I saw the full trailer a few days ago. Way stupid idea. It's going to fail miserably.
They are billing it as a comedy drama. Most likely it will fail. The special effects didn't look all that great. But neither did Z Nation at first. I will give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 am

I saw the full trailer a few days ago. Way stupid idea. It's going to fail miserably.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 11:24 am

Here's what the new ship looks like....

A lot of people are saying it looks Klingon, which... it kind of does... but it still looks Starfleet too. I think they were trying to make it look half way between the Enterprise NX (from Enterprise) and the original Enterprise (from TOS). I kind of like it.

Here's another kick in the pants. They have decided they will stream the series on Netflix the day after they stream it on CBS All Access.... except only on international Netflix, not on Netflix in the US or Canada. I'm afraid they'll end up canceling it claiming nobody is watching it... which, no duh when you're trying to force fans to pay extra to watch it instead of airing it on tv.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 pm

On November 2, 2015, CBS announced a new Star Trek television series to premiere in January 2017, "on the heels" of the original series' 50th anniversary in 2016.[2][3] It is the first Star Trek television series since Star Trek: Enterprise concluded in 2005,[3] and is "not related" to the 2016 film Star Trek Beyond.[2] Alex Kurtzman, co-writer of the films Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, and Heather Kadin serve as executive producers on the series, the first to be developed specifically for the CBS All Access on demand service.[2]

In January 2016, new CBS president Glenn Geller revealed that he and the CBS network were not involved in the production of the series, saying, "It really is for All Access. While the network will be broadcasting the pilot, I actually can't answer any creative questions about it."[4] The next month, Bryan Fuller, who began his career writing for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager, was announced as the new series' showrunner and co-creator as well as one of its executive producers.[5] Nicholas Meyer, writer and director of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, also joined the series as a writer and consulting producer.[6] In March, Rod Roddenberry, the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth of Roddenberry Entertainment also joined the series, as executive producers.[7]

In May 2016, at CBS's upfront presentation, a teaser for the series promising "new crews, new villains, new heroes, new worlds" was released featuring an official logo, simply titling the series Star Trek, with "a more specific title to be unveiled at a later date."[8] The next month, Fuller revealed that the first season would consist of 13 episodes, and that Vincenzo Natali had been hired as producing director for the series. He described each episode's runtime as "flexible", with CBS having given the team parameters ("It was sort of, 'No more than this, no less than that'") rather than a set length to aim for like they would for a traditionally broadcast series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek New Series.    Star Trek New Series.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Trek New Series.
Page 1 of 1