Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

I survived the Big One!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eber322

PostSubject: I survived the Big One!   Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Well the Big One for Michigan anyway. A 4.2 Earthquake hit Kalamazoo Michigan at about 12:20PM Saturday afternoon. Second largest Earthquake ever recorded in Michigan. The biggest was 4.6 back in 1947. Kalamazoo is over a hundred miles away from me, but the tremors still shook my entire house. No damage, but I have to wonder how much worse it felt down there. Only ever had one other Earthquake here that I was aware of. It was back in the 80's and I didn't feel it, but I could hear my moms teapots and knickknacks rattling around in the dinning room and we could see they had moved about a quarter inch on their shelves. Never thought I'd feel one like I did this new one though, any harder or longer and I think it would have started doing damage. drunken

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I survived the Big One!   Thu May 07, 2015 7:57 pm

I blame fracking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

PostSubject: Re: I survived the Big One!   Thu May 07, 2015 9:33 pm

I don't think so. Don't think they have done any fracking here in Michigan. There is a fault under Kalamazoo, it's the same spot where the '47 quake hit.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I survived the Big One!   Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 am

eber322 wrote:
I don't think so. Don't think they have done any fracking here in Michigan. There is a fault under Kalamazoo, it's the same spot where the '47 quake hit.
Sorry I was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TwiceWise

PostSubject: Re: I survived the Big One!   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:55 pm

I live in Oklahoma now and we have been having lots of little tremors for the last three years. Makes me wonder about fracking, but I don't know. There was a 4.2 in Enid today. That's about 70 miles from me. The biggest one in my area this week has been a 3.7. Five years ago, we didn't have any. It just makes me wonder what's going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I survived the Big One!   

Back to top Go down

I survived the Big One!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1