Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Annoyed

PostSubject: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:24 pm

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showannouncement=28&f=69

Posted by scifiadmin1

Quote :
As part of the ongoing evolution of Syfy Digital, we will be closing the virtual doors on the forums starting January 1. The discussions here have been passionate, intelligent, honest and awesome. And we want the conversations to continue – we WANT to hear your thoughts about our shows (the good and the bad). We’ve got an active Facebook page and Twitter presence that we’d like for you to check out and use. It’s a great way to continue to hear from us, and for us to hear from you.

For all the years of your loyal use of these forums, we thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Pfft. They drove everybody off of the forum and now they want us to use Facebook and Twitter? Sorry I don't use those "social media" sites. I refuse too.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:04 am

Its been 18 years. A lot of memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:43 pm

3 days left. Interesting discussions about migrating to other boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:19 pm

Well, I guess it's pretty much dead now. Earlier today you could still make posts, but I see now the whole thing is read only. All of the options to start a thread or reply to one are locked. Wonder how long it will be before they pull it down now?

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:57 am

Candy was told about 2 weeks. It'll take about that long to separate the boards code from the domain. Jeff shut the board off just after I made the last post.

I feel kind of sorry for GW though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 pm

GW? Do you mean the Gate world site people were purposing as a replacement?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 pm

I mean this place GW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Ok, but why do you feel sorry for them? Isn't an influx of new members good for them? ..... Or were you just making a funny that went right over my head?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:25 am

Most of the members of GW came from Syfy. But its a themed board. No classic Stargate, not much to talk about. The fact the upcoming Stargate trilogy is being reimagined, leaves the entire site useless. So what are they going to discuss?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:38 am

Well, I've barely looked at it. Just the page your link takes me to, but it looks like they have a section for non Stargate shows. But as I said I've only perused that one page and I've no idea how many new members they got from Styfy either... so who knows. I'd think that if a lot of people did migrate over, then that general scifi section could become the main attraction of the site.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Candy let me know it went offline today. Dunno if deleted or not, but really doesn't matter, as it can no longer be accessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Yep, it's gone...

Kind of sad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:36 pm

I was just going to post today. I should rework this board into a scifi board. Wonder if we could get some of the people back. But your right they did drive a lot of people away including me. To bad to because I used to love posting there. Really I blame one person. MBG. Sorry but she drove a lot of people away and should have never been a mod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.   

Back to top Go down

Sci Fi (SyFY) boards closing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1