Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

An Exacerbation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walterth3rd
Admin

PostSubject: An Exacerbation   Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm

So, one day recently, I was getting over a small cold, now I say ‘small’ but with MS, there really is no such animal as a ‘small’ cold because those things tend to kick ALL your symptoms into high gear, at random and in different strengths! Cool, huh? Yeah, that’s what I thought too!
Anyway, this particular week started off with my trip to my Physical Therapy session. Now, I ain’t gonna lie, I was out of shape and it showed. But, I got through it with my usual smile and stoic attitude. When it was over, the therapist helped me to my car, Francesca was waiting. He handed me in and we drove off. Next later that night, I fell. No big, I was home and between Francesca and I, I managed to pick myself up off the floor! Now, this was day one, exacerbation was nowhere to be found…yet. Anyway, day two I noticed I felt like I was coming down with a cold. Nothing big, or so I thought, but I dealt with it. Now, I did have an appointment that Wednesday to go back to PT, but I was still sore AND sickish so I called to cancel it. This was day three, or rather day MINUS Three. Since it was Wednesday, it was shot night for me. I took it gladly that night, and expected the next day to feel ‘hung-over’ from that shot. Day MINUS two, was Thursday, all day was feeling on the slow, body wrapped in molasses, but that wasn’t UN-normal so I wasn’t worrying much
Sorry, here is where my MS screws up MY sense of timing, you see, that Thursday, at lunch, I was having a sandwich and some corn chips. Took a handful of chips and when I bit down, it was like I bit into a ball of needles! Well, of pins anyway! Yes, there IS a difference! But please don’t try it to compare for yourself, just take it from me, THERE’S A DIFFERENCE! Now, that feeling took over my mouth with a numbing feeling, from the tip if my tongue, then the roof of my mouth, then teeth, then went down the left jaw, then down the left arm and hand, That hand is now totally numb and I wasn’t DONE. I also noticed the numb feeling somehow went to my hips, crossed over and traveled down to my right foot, hung out around my knee then down to my pinky toe! Somewhere, I misplaced where it ended up in my right arm, but it got that right arm from the elbow down to my right hands!
Believe it or not, the ‘worst’ part of this experience was that I didn’t finish my lunch that day! How sad was THAT? Meanwhile, I managed to reach my neurologist and got him to prescribe me steroids, the bad part was by the time I got the portal, they were already closed so I had to wait another day to begin, but once I began, IT WAS ON!
So, on THIS day, I haven’t returned to PT because my hands and other parts are still recovering and, oh yeah, still dialing down from the Prednisone but still, wanted as many of you to see what I was going through, I hope and pray this NEVER happens to ANY of y’all, but know that if it does, you got MY prayers for YOU and YOUR family!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: An Exacerbation   Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Well that sucks, hang in there man.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walterth3rd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: An Exacerbation   Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Sho 'nuff will! Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Exacerbation   

Back to top Go down

An Exacerbation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: Science Fiction TV Shows. :: The Basement General Discussion, Politics, Pet Peeves. :: General Discussion.-
Jump to: