Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

Not your average Soldier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Bandit

Not your average Soldier Empty
PostSubject: Not your average Soldier   Not your average Soldier EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Hometown: Manhattan, Kansas
Date of Birth: October 1, 1990

Education: Kansas State University—Senior—Chemistry and Chinese, Army School of Ordnance (Mechanic), Army School of Health Sciences (Dental), Leavenworth High School

Scholastic Honors: Georganne Howler Chemistry Scholarship Recipient; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; Member of the Kansas State University Parachute Club; Member of the Kansas State University Dental Club; Member of the Kansas State University Chemistry Fraternity; Distinguished Honor Graduate at the Army School of Ordnance; Distinguished Honor Graduate at the Army School of Health Sciences.

Leadership Roles: Section leader at Kansas Army National Guard Medical Detachment; Director of Public Relations and spokesperson for the hunting company “Suburban Woodsman”; CEO and founder of the Miss Outdoor Girl brand and website; Coordinate nursing home visits for the college students of my local church; Liturgical minister for my local church; Assist with blood drives held by Kansas State University; Lead and was responsible for 250 soldiers for 9 weeks of mechanics school; Coordinated and ran an all-girls archery clinic.

Accomplishments: 3.8 GPA Chinese major; Expert marksman for the Army on the M16 rifle; Soldier of the Month; Completed the 2011 Bataan Death March; Distinguished Honor Graduate at both military schools attended; Consecutively earned the Army physical fitness excellence award; Currently represents the state of Kansas in the 2013 Miss America pageant.

Scholastic/Career Ambition: Obtain a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Chinese and a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. To become a dentist for the Army.

Identifying marks: Two tattoo's. Dental Corps Insignia lower left shoulder blade; Serenity prayer right side torso.

Employment: Kansas Army National Guard Medical Detachment

Time in Service: 6 years; reenlisted for an additional 6 years.

-----------------------------------------------

That was an E-mail sent to me yesterday. I thought my bud was just kidding me. Turns out, he wasn't. This is the second time, in its history, a service member has competed.

As impressing as her resume is, several things run against her. The average number of combat tours for a Guardsman is 2-3, and she has none. Her Father is a full Colonel in the Army. It looks like preferential treatment.
Back to top Go down

Not your average Soldier
Page 1 of 1