Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.
Sci Fi Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scifi Forums

HomePortalLatest imagesPublicationsSearchRegisterLog in

In The News

Go down 
+6
ilaugh
justmemyselfandi
Skycastle
TRUE LIBERTY
madskillz
Pissedoffvulcan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
eber322

eber322

In The News - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm not to impressed. It's just talk of yet another reimagining and I'm sick to death of those, they are pretty much all garbage.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: They need to be thrown in jail.    In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:44 pm

McMECHEN, W.Va. – The state Department of Health and Human Resources announced Monday patients who received injections at a Marshall County pain clinic for a three-year period may need to be tested for hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV.

The agency said Valley Pain Management in McMechen reused syringes to enter vials and saline bags that had been used for more than one patient. The practice took place from when the clinic opened in 2010 to Nov. 1, 2013.

“Our primary responsibility in public health is to protect the public. While we cannot determine if these procedures caused any illnesses, it is possible this practice may have exposed Valley Pain Management patients to infections” State Health Officer Dr. Letitia Tierney said Monday in a news release from the agency.
http://wvmetronews.com/2014/07/21/pain-clinic-patients-may-need-tested/
Back to top Go down
https://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 9:44 pm

How can that go on for four days let alone four years? That isn't proper medical practice, and should be illegal if it isn't. Every medical practitioner knows better than to do that, so even if management was ordering it, why didn't workers report it to the state health board? I'd have done that the first day I found out it was happening.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 pm

eber322 wrote:
How can that go on for four days let alone four years? That isn't proper medical practice, and should be illegal if it isn't. Every medical practitioner knows better than to do that, so even if management was ordering it, why didn't workers report it to the state health board? I'd have done that the first day I found out it was happening.
Dude this is West Virginia. Stuff like this goes on all the time. Why you think I doctor in Virginia.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Do you agree with this article from CNN.    In The News - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Do you agree with this article from CNN.

I don't well at least the music part.

In 2006, this website conducted a highly unscientific survey to find the worst song of all time. One year stood out in its bad-song production: 1974.

That included two of the top five -- Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun" and the runaway top choice, Paul Anka's "Having My Baby" -- and several more leading vote-getters, including Paper Lace's "The Night Chicago Died," Maria Muldaur's "Midnight at the Oasis" and Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods' "Billy, Don't Be a Hero."

Summer rewind: Looking back at 1974

And yet the year wasn't a pop-cultural wasteland. Far from it, as a matter of fact. As a year for movies, 1974 is often ranked as the best since the sainted slate of 1939.

The releases included best picture winner "The Godfather Part II," "Chinatown," Mel Brooks' one-two punch of "Blazing Saddles" and "Young Frankenstein," not to mention disaster movies, revenge flicks, conspiracy thrillers and family features.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/21/showbiz/1974-terrible-music-great-movies/index.html?hpt=hp_c4
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 8:58 pm

I think that's bull flop. They picked out big hits for there day and claim they suck? How about the songs that never made the charts? "Seasons in the Sun", "Having My Baby", and "The Night Chicago Died" are all good songs. I'm not sure about "Midnight at the Oasis" or "Billy, Don't Be a Hero" as i can't recall them of hand, but I doubt they are worst songs ever.

If you want to talk bad songs that were popular you might start with "Achy Breaky Heart".
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 pm

eber322 wrote:
I think that's bull flop. They picked out big hits for there day and claim they suck? How about the songs that never made the charts? "Seasons in the Sun", "Having My Baby", and "The Night Chicago Died" are all good songs. I'm not sure about "Midnight at the Oasis" or "Billy, Don't Be a Hero" as i can't recall them of hand, but I doubt they are worst songs ever.

If you want to talk bad songs that were popular you might start with "Achy Breaky Heart".
Not to mention locomotion, Bennie and the Jets, The Streak, Band on the run, Rock the boat and others.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 12:35 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:

Not to mention locomotion, Bennie and the Jets, The Streak, Band on the run, Rock the boat and others.

Kylie Minoque's version, or Grand Funk Railroads version?
I sorta liked GFR's.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Midnight at the Oasis is a great song. Achy Breaky is no doubt one of the worst. Anyone remember MY Ding A Ling?
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Oh and 1974 had Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic. That one album make any duds that year null and void.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 pm

ford plasko wrote:
Midnight at the Oasis is a great song. Achy Breaky is no doubt one of the worst. Anyone remember MY Ding A Ling?
Hey I loved my Ding a ling. Can't sing it at work today because of all the sexual harassment garbage.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Taking care of business 1974 by BTO was a great son.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 am

1974 was also the year KISS released their first album.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Man that was when Chucky was thin.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: So how could this happen.    In The News - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Liberal "intelligence" shown again. Linda Burnett, 26, a resident of San Diego, was visiting her in-laws and, while there, went to a nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. Later, her husband noticed her sitting in her car in the driveway with the windows rolled up and her eyes closed, with both hands behind the back of her head.

He became concerned and walked over to the car. He noticed that Linda's eyes were now open and she looked very strange. He asked her if she was okay, and Linda replied that she had been shot in the back of the head and had been holding her brains in for over an hour. The husband called the paramedics, who broke into the car because the doors were locked and Linda refused to remove her hands from her head.
When they finally got in, they found that Linda had a wad of bread dough on the back of her head. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded from the heat, making a loud noise that sounded like a gunshot, and the wad of dough hit her in the back of her head. When she reached back to find out what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She initially passed out, but quickly recovered.

Linda is a blonde, a Democrat, and an Obama supporter, but that could all be a coincidence.
The defective biscuit canister was analyzed and the expiration date was from 2008…..
…. so it was determined to be BUSH'S FAULT.
Back to top Go down
ford plasko

ford plasko

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 7:10 pm

My wife loves blonde jokes
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Good news... maybe... but probably not.   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Good news... maybe... but probably not.

Quote :
CBS is boldly going back to 'Star Trek'

Star Trek is blasting off with another new TV series.

The untitled series, due in January 2017, will mark the first created specifically for CBS's All Access streaming platform, introduced last fall, with the premiere episode to debut on CBS. It will feature new characters "seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations," CBS says, and appear soon after the franchise celebrates its 50th anniversary.

Alex Kurtzman, who co-wrote the 2009 Star Trek feature film and 2013's Star Trek Into Darkness, will executive produce the new project, which will also be syndicated overseas.

“There is no better time to give Star Trek fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, CBS Television Studios' chief. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

No details were announced for the project, the sixth live-action TV series in the franchise, which began with the original on NBC in 1966 starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. (The last, Star Trek Enterprise, aired on UPN from to 2001 to 2005). The new series is unrelated to Star Trek Beyond, another feature film planned for release next summer.

But it's a canny way to lure subscriptions to All Access, which costs $5.99 a month and is aimed at younger viewers without cable susbscriptions.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/11/02/cbs-new-star-trek-series-streaming/75036818/

A new Star Trek series sounds great, until you see the same guy who has been writing the Jar Trek movies will be doing the show. Makes me thing that the series will not be Star Trek, but will instead be more Jar Trek. That would be exactly what I've feared would happen if they made a new tv show.

Last edited by eber322 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:10 pm

SOG you beat me to it. Was going to post it. From what I hear more and more networks are doing online stuff like this. Soon cable will be obsolete you can just pay for what you want.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:47 pm

Nah, this should be on the regular CBS channel, which is still free if you get over the air. Even on cable or satellite the local channels are $20 a month or less, and that's for all of them. I'm not going to pay CBS $6 a month to get access to their online only channel just to watch this. If every channel starts doing this it will cost more than cable ever did to watch all the shows you want to see. A lot of people will just end up grabbing this for free secondhand online. Since it will most likely be Jar Trek instead of Star Trek anyway, I'll not have to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 4:49 pm

I'm not interested.

1. I have no intention to pay to watch a TV show. I already pay enough for satellite and online viewing.

2. It has nothing to do with established Trek.

3. After suffering through "Supergirl" it's clear to me CBS cares little, or not at all about the source material. So don't try to convince me how much respect they have for the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan

Pissedoffvulcan

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:57 pm

I thought it was only going to be on CBS all Access. Yes I already pay to much for cable. But I think I might go to Dish and I can kill my land line. Because where I am moving to has cell service.
Back to top Go down
eber322

eber322

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I thought it was only going to be on CBS all Access.

It is, other than the pilot which will also air on CBS. That's an obvious attempt to draw people in and get them to pay $6 a month to watch what should be free in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Bandit

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I thought it was only going to be on CBS all Access. Yes I already pay to much for cable. But I think I might go to Dish and I can kill my land line. Because where I am moving to has cell service.

Nope. You have to subscribe to CBS "All access", which is a PPV service. Here is a better article:

Link

As you can see, all that will air, is a PREVIEW of the first episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The News   In The News - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The News
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next