Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

Sci Fi Forums

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Act of Valor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Act of Valor   Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:12 am

Going with my dad to see this movie today. Have really been looking forward to seeing this one. Will share my thoughts on it afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:08 am

TRUE LIBERTY wrote:
Going with my dad to see this movie today. Have really been looking forward to seeing this one. Will share my thoughts on it afterwards.
Better watch out Ron Paul will say this is not how it is they are really baby killers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
TRUE LIBERTY wrote:
Better watch out Ron Paul will say this is not how it is they are really baby killers.

You know I was thinking something along those lines throughout the whole movie. But after the movie im just more and more convinced we cant just pack up totally and hope for the best. We need guys like these willing to go anywhere in the world and handle the evil that would come and find us.

These real Navy SEALS in the movie were fantastic! The wife wants to see it also so might go again after the operation. They did a pretty decent job acting but the action and the tactics used and done were quite stunning.

The liberals are going nuts over this movie. I hope it does fantastic and sticks around for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:17 pm

What are the libs saying about it?
Back to top Go down
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:07 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
What are the libs saying about it?

Time Out New York’s Joshua Rothkopf calls the film “scary,” with a “ridiculously limited view of American righteousness.”

Tampa Bay Times critic Steve Persall dubs “Valor” “a land mine movie for anyone to review who isn’t a military veteran, who hasn’t bought into the cult of warfare,” later adding “pacifists won’t be nearly as impressed.”

Philly.com’s David Hiltbrand seemed upset by sequences in which people responsible for the capture and torture of a CIA agent met their gruesome fate:

You watch as one of our snipers dispassionately and from a great distance lays out these scruffy untrained campesinos one after the other with graphic head shots.

So, as long as you’re a “scruffy, untrained campesino” we should give you a pass for torturing a woman. But Hiltbrand’s moral confusion intensified as the film wore on:

Near the end, the film degenerates into an extended, chaotic firefight. You know who you’re supposed to be rooting for because they’re the ones wearing uniforms, but it’s easy to lose touch with why.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuck

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:53 am

War is ugly, what I have a problem with is the way the web has made entertainment out of actual events. I had a serious discussion with several employees who were replaying from the web a civilian contractor being beheaded. I didn't appreciate neither laughter nor there choice of entertainment. The 24 hour news/webcasta has blurred the line with what is reality and the true consequences of our actions. People don't teach their children with their words and deeds anymore, they let the tv educate them thus losing empathy or sympathy for the people that these horrible events effect all for entertainment that doesn't really affect their lives.

I think we need our special forces to protect American interest. What I dispute is what is America'a interest. The Seals and other special teams are highly trained and unique individuals who should be applauded and seriously funded by the military. I also have a problem with people who endanger their lives by going into hot zones with the full knowledge of what could happen the expect our special forces to risk their lives to save them. Why did we go after the American aide worker who was in a known hot zone under the flag of another countries banner of aid? Who did she know or who did her family know. Was it that our guys just wasn't busy that day that her health was reported (in error) was declining so they got a go on a mission. The State Department issues travel directives and you can bet that the area she was in was listed as not advisable to travel.

Oh, sorry, started ranting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Tuck wrote:
War is ugly, what I have a problem with is the way the web has made entertainment out of actual events. I had a serious discussion with several employees who were replaying from the web a civilian contractor being beheaded. I didn't appreciate neither laughter nor there choice of entertainment. The 24 hour news/webcasta has blurred the line with what is reality and the true consequences of our actions. People don't teach their children with their words and deeds anymore, they let the tv educate them thus losing empathy or sympathy for the people that these horrible events effect all for entertainment that doesn't really affect their lives.

I think we need our special forces to protect American interest. What I dispute is what is America'a interest. The Seals and other special teams are highly trained and unique individuals who should be applauded and seriously funded by the military. I also have a problem with people who endanger their lives by going into hot zones with the full knowledge of what could happen the expect our special forces to risk their lives to save them. Why did we go after the American aide worker who was in a known hot zone under the flag of another countries banner of aid? Who did she know or who did her family know. Was it that our guys just wasn't busy that day that her health was reported (in error) was declining so they got a go on a mission. The State Department issues travel directives and you can bet that the area she was in was listed as not advisable to travel.

Oh, sorry, started ranting.
Your right war is ugly period. Yes special forces should protect our interest. I had a friend in the Seabees on assignment down south building oil rigs and protecting from local terrorist along with Seals. He was in a 7 hour firefight fighting along with the Seals. Said no American died but it was the hardest thing he ever did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act of Valor   

Back to top Go down

Act of Valor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1