Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ecuador Part 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TRUE LIBERTY

PostSubject: Ecuador Part 4   Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:50 am

Here is a local church my wife likes to get at least one visit to when we come to Ecuador. Its a very popular church because its the only one that displays Jesus as a baby.

This little crab is my wife's favorite food on the planet. You cant get this crab in Florida unless you find a Ecuadorian restaurants that has them shipped here.

And my delicious meal.

This place is a wonderful spa in the mountains close to the volcanoes that provides hot springs.

These provide hot water straight from the volcanoes into the pools.

Taking pictures that high up it was almost impossible to ever get a picture with clear skies.

After a very relaxing massage. Our friend covering her self up who avoided my camera all day.

Now we happen to have a neighbor in our neighborhood that is from Ecuador. The husband travels a lot so I and my wife have helped out a few times at her home when she has needed it by fixing things and showing her around since she is new to Orlando. Just by luck she was going to be in Ecuador visiting her father at the same time as us. So she invited us over to her fathers home. We are on the coast so we hopped on a plane to the mountain range. So this very kind gentlemen invited us to the spa and at the end of the day when I tried to pay he had already payed all our expenses!

Now just before leaving the spa he had found out that it was this guys birthday who we had friended during the day and had the place whip up a quick cake. They were thoroughly surprised.

The next day I ended up having the worst stomach pains of my life. And my best friend became the toilet while wishing it would all end one way or another. So the next day my wife somehow gets me on a plane for the 30 minute trip back. And finds the only private doctors place open on a Sunday. Which is for children but they took me in. The doctor said a couple more hours and I would have collapsed without a ivey in me.

Matter of fact until last week is the first time my stomach could handle all solids. I ended up 20 pounds lighter.

So the doctors tried to get me well enough to go to the wedding on the final day of the trip. I was good for a few hours until I got sick again and spent the whole night in the hotel room. Here are a few.

Last minute prep for the big moment.

And last minute problem.

And everyone filling in our room as were packing to leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ecuador Part 4   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:15 pm

You had what we call in the Navy Montezuma's revenge. LMAO it is not funny I have had food poisoning before and it is not fun. I say the lobster did it. Or the water.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com Online
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Ecuador Part 4   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah I was wondering about the sea food. It's easy to have it undercooked and not be able to tell. Or like POV said it could just be something in the water that the natives are used to but not the Gringo's.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ecuador Part 4   Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:50 pm

We could not drink the water in Spain or France. Italy was alright they had good water. But the water in Spain and France would give you the back door trots for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ecuador Part 4   

Back to top Go down

Ecuador Part 4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1