Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sorry Annoyed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eber322

PostSubject: Sorry Annoyed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

My response to your Styfy thread made MBG lock it. Apparently comparing one lifestyle choice many find offensive, being gay, to other lifestyle choices that offend others like Muslim extremists, prostitutes,or Sex Doll lovers is a bad thing. I do get a kick out of her saying that comparing gays to sexual deviants isn't allowed. "How dare you call my apple an apple!!!!"

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

I didn't expect the thread to live long anyway. Aside from living in an echo chamber, you can't have a discussion without differing points of view, and that's one of the many subjects about which they're totally intolerant of other opinions.

What is it the left is always preaching again? Oh yeah, that's right. Tolerance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:32 pm

I figured it wouldn't last long also. It is sad you can promote one idea yet not promote another. Case in point when I started to promote multiple marriages. It how long for that one particular thread to close? A long time and only when someone pointed out the opposite of what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah unfortunately it's like that all over too. There's a Trek forum I frequent and they have zero tolerance for saying anything bad about people because of their race, sex, sexual orientation, etc. Which is all fine and good on the surface, however pro gay massages and what not are allowed. If I can't say anything against gays why do they get to put up offensive images and make comment that I find offensive? One guy has the below image in his sig line, so I have to see it multiple times in almost every thread...

As far as I'm concerned that is as equally offensive as say this pic... ... Just from the other side of the issue. But as long as you're on the pro gay side you're allowed to offend as many people as you want too.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:01 pm

I would report it to Admin 1 just to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
My guess is they would make the guy a moderator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Annoyed wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
My guess is they would make the guy a moderator.

I should have worded that better, when I said a Trek forum I frequent, I actually meant another website outside of Styfy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:47 pm

eber322 wrote:
My response to your Styfy thread made MBG lock it. Apparently comparing one lifestyle choice many find offensive, being gay, to other lifestyle choices that offend others like Muslim extremists, prostitutes,or Sex Doll lovers is a bad thing. I do get a kick out of her saying that comparing gays to sexual deviants isn't allowed. "How dare you call my apple an apple!!!!"
Yeah - we wouldn't want to confuse apples with apples! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 pm

eber322 wrote:
There's a Trek forum I frequent and they have zero tolerance for saying anything bad about people because of their race, sex, sexual orientation...But as long as you're on the pro gay side you're allowed to offend as many people as you want too.
Which website is that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Annoyed wrote:
What is it the left is always preaching again? Oh yeah, that's right. Tolerance.
Amazing, isn't it? The side which always talks about tolerance is the most intolerant of all. Why can't they see it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Which website is that?

http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf/phpBB3/index.php

It's a site dedicated to the old Star Trek game "Birth of the Federation". I frequent it because despite the game being more than ten years old, it's still one of my favorite games.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Annoyed   

Back to top Go down

Sorry Annoyed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1