Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Taking the little lady out on the town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eber322

PostSubject: Taking the little lady out on the town   Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:41 am

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

LMAO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm

What do you wanna bet they're going to an all you can eat place like Country Kitchen Buffet?

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 pm

eber322 wrote:
What do you wanna bet they're going to an all you can eat place like Country Kitchen Buffet?
Hey I like Country Kitchen. Don't see many fat people there. I think more like KFC or McDs.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:12 pm

I love Country Kitchen, been years since I've been there, but they had really good food. There were always a lot of really fat people at the ones I went too, not that that mattered, but I always see lots of fat people at any all you can eat places around me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:01 pm

eber322 wrote:
I love Country Kitchen, been years since I've been there, but they had really good food. There were always a lot of really fat people at the ones I went too, not that that mattered, but I always see lots of fat people at any all you can eat places around me.
The fattest people I have seen always eat at some greasy pit.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:26 pm

There used to be a pizza place in my town that had an all you can eat Sunday Buffet for $5. They stopped doing it after a couple of months because the place was packed with huge people that ate three or four large pizzas apiece along with pop and dessert. The Ponderosa in my town ripped out half the booths they had and put in more tables because the huge people there to eat at the all you can eat buffet complained that they couldn't fit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Maybe we should tax people based on their weight. Men could be ok up to 180 lbs, but for every pound above that they pay an annual fat tax, collected by the Bureau of Weight Control. Genius, right? :-0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Maybe we should tax people based on their weight. Men could be ok up to 180 lbs, but for every pound above that they pay an annual fat tax, collected by the Bureau of Weight Control. Genius, right? :-0

Oh hell no, I hope you're kidding. People should not be taxed or penalized for their body. Unless it's a safety issue like a fat person can't ride an amusement park ride because they weight more than the ride is rated for, or a short person is to short for the safety harness to fit right etc.

My only point is, at least around me, fat people tend to frequent all you can eat places. I guess that means restaurant owners either need to charge everybody more for the buffet, or not offer all you can eat. Wouldn't be fair to charge just fat people more though, nor would it be fair for the government to tax fat people.

I have heard about them wanting to tax "junk food" like they do cigarettes, but that's bull. First how would you even define "junk food", what would be and what wouldn't be? I don't think it's right they put an extra tax on cigarettes or other "sin tax" items either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm

eber322 wrote:
Oh hell no, I hope you're kidding.
I have heard about them wanting to tax "junk food" like they do cigarettes, but that's bull. First how would you even define "junk food", what would be and what wouldn't be? I don't think it's right they put an extra tax on cigarettes or other "sin tax" items either.
Of course I'm kidding. I thought mentioning the "Bureau of Weight Control" would make that obvious. And you're right - there shouldn't be an extra or higher tax on cigarettes or any other product, because the government should NOT be in the business of social engineering/behavior management where personal choice is concerned. And the control-freaks are now trying to pass a "sugar tax" on things like soft drinks. This nightmare is just beginning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Skycastle wrote:

Of course I'm kidding.

Well I figured you were, but you hear enough screwballs here and there that actually believe that stuff that I had to check. clown

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Skycastle wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Oh hell no, I hope you're kidding.
Of course I'm kidding. I thought mentioning the "Bureau of Weight Control" would make that obvious. And you're right - there shouldn't be an extra or higher tax on cigarettes or any other product, because the government should NOT be in the business of social engineering/behavior management where personal choice is concerned. And the control-freaks are now trying to pass a "sugar tax" on things like soft drinks. This nightmare is just beginning.
I might be laughing right now. However I would not put it past our politicians to create such a bureau.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking the little lady out on the town   

Back to top Go down

Taking the little lady out on the town
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1