Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

Sci Fi Forums

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:20 pm

I was reading a Eureka thread and with a moderator like MBG no wonder it is all but dead.

Here is the link. http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358040 Is it any wonder?. Admin 1 does nothing about it however if you or I acted like that we would be banned for a week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:16 am

I don't think so. scifriday is not advocating any right-leaning viewpoint.

The fact that he's making a stupid argument, allowing MBG to use him as a doormat probably won't make her boot him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 am

Annoyed wrote:
I don't think so. scifriday is not advocating any right-leaning viewpoint.

The fact that he's making a stupid argument, allowing MBG to use him as a doormat probably won't make her boot him.
The thing is it is no only him she has done this to. Did you see the cerebral damage comment she made? She insults anyone who does not see her point of view.
Back to top Go down
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 am

First. let me say that I do not like MBG, she's probably the worst moderator over there, or on any board I've ever used, for that matter.

But, just because I do not like someone doesn't mean they're wrong all of the time. They may in fact be right on occasion. Just not when they are arguing with me. Laughing

Yes.. she's having a field day with him, clearly enjoying herself. She's also ripping the same poster a new one on another thread, http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358080

However, in both of these threads, the poster in question is clearly making a prize idiot of himself in public, pulling imagined facts out of some bodily orifice that is best left private.

This isn't a discussion of viewpoint or opinion. He is claiming as factual data information that is obviously incorrect, and has been proven to him as such. In the Eureka thread, MBG is correct, Sci Fi has been consistent with its scheduling, each season starting in July. In the other thread, Doctor Who has been a world wide franchise for decades, not just since 2005.

If you're going to be that stupid on a public board, I have no problem with the other board members or even a mod putting him through the wringer for it. I've done it myself. In fact, she's mild in comparison to myself when I decide to cut loose on some idiot.

Stupidity should have consequences.

Perhaps he will learn from the experience. (in this case, I doubt it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:22 am

Annoyed wrote:
First. let me say that I do not like MBG, she's probably the worst moderator over there, or on any board I've ever used, for that matter.

But, just because I do not like someone doesn't mean they're wrong all of the time. They may in fact be right on occasion. Just not when they are arguing with me. Laughing

Yes.. she's having a field day with him, clearly enjoying herself. She's also ripping the same poster a new one on another thread, http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2358080

However, in both of these threads, the poster in question is clearly making a prize idiot of himself in public, pulling imagined facts out of some bodily orifice that is best left private.

This isn't a discussion of viewpoint or opinion. He is claiming as factual data information that is obviously incorrect, and has been proven to him as such. In the Eureka thread, MBG is correct, Sci Fi has been consistent with its scheduling, each season starting in July. In the other thread, Doctor Who has been a world wide franchise for decades, not just since 2005.

If you're going to be that stupid on a public board, I have no problem with the other board members or even a mod putting him through the wringer for it. I've done it myself. In fact, she's mild in comparison to myself when I decide to cut loose on some idiot.

Stupidity should have consequences.

Perhaps he will learn from the experience. (in this case, I doubt it)
My point is not that she is right or wrong or the poster is right or wrong. My point is she insulting even when she is right. She is degrading instead of just pointing out her facts she has to add an insult in there. That is all I am saying.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I think what it boils down to is that her behavior isn't even remotely close to correct for a mod. It's just like the long gone political thread, she was the one who caused 95%+ of the fights and problems in that thread. It was because of her the thread was shut down. Admin1 got tired of hearing complaints about MBG, but instead of making her stop, or booting her from being a mod, she just passed the complaints along to MBG. At which point MBG said, "Nobody likes me, fine. I'm taking my toys and going home. Nobody is allowed to talk politics anymore." And to top that all off she still, to this day, goes out of her way to say it's everybody elses fault the thread was closed.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 pm

eber322 wrote:
I think what it boils down to is that her behavior isn't even remotely close to correct for a mod. It's just like the long gone political thread, she was the one who caused 95%+ of the fights and problems in that thread. It was because of her the thread was shut down. Admin1 got tired of hearing complaints about MBG, but instead of making her stop, or booting her from being a mod, she just passed the complaints along to MBG. At which point MBG said, "Nobody likes me, fine. I'm taking my toys and going home. Nobody is allowed to talk politics anymore." And to top that all off she still, to this day, goes out of her way to say it's everybody elses fault the thread was closed.
I have to agree with you. Admin1 needs to grow some balls and can her.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't think they have any programs left that draws a comment to be made. It's like all intelligence has left the forum. Mostly what I see is whinners and delusional dreamers. The comments are days apart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Tuck wrote:
I don't think they have any programs left that draws a comment to be made. It's like all intelligence has left the forum. Mostly what I see is whinners and delusional dreamers. The comments are days apart.
It is even far worse now. The channel is now airing wrestling on Tuesdays and Fridays. Sci Fi channel is truly dead. They just have no admitted it yet.
Back to top Go down
Tuck

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

I used to look forward to Fridays with several hours of enjoyable programs. I understand when a business has to change directions to raise revenues but the total disregard for their existing market is just mind blowing. I hope they are making money because they are not getting any of mine. I dropped the channel after 5 episodes of SGU destroyed the gate for me. Made me join forums to express my out rage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Tuck wrote:
I used to look forward to Fridays with several hours of enjoyable programs. I understand when a business has to change directions to raise revenues but the total disregard for their existing market is just mind blowing. I hope they are making money because they are not getting any of mine. I dropped the channel after 5 episodes of SGU destroyed the gate for me. Made me join forums to express my out rage.
I'm also sick of the direction in which the SyFy channel has gone.

What made you drop SGU after 5 episodes?

What other sci-fi forums do you frequent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Sci Fi channel is truly dead. They just have no admitted it yet.
True - it's become a zombie! It's dead - yet it lives!
How poetic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
How poetic.
Well SyFy mostly killed it. Also there was a lot of conservatives that posted there. But when they started their BS with them letting liberals express their views and telling conservatives you can't do that most them left and the rest just do not hardly post anymore.

Sad because I used to love going there.
Back to top Go down
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
How poetic.
Well SyFy mostly killed it. Also there was a lot of conservatives that posted there. But when they started their BS with them letting liberals express their views and telling conservatives you can't do that most them left and the rest just do not hardly post anymore.

Yeah, I used to like posting there too. It amazes me that leftists claim to love free speech, but when they gain control of a discussion forum, free speech dies. The hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious that I wonder how they can remain so blind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:11 am

Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Skycastle wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
How poetic.

Yeah, I used to like posting there too. It amazes me that leftists claim to love free speech, but when they gain control of a discussion forum, free speech dies. The hypocrisy is so blatantly obvious that I wonder how they can remain so blind.
You would think with the downturn in traffic that they would learn there lesson. But then I think Rush Limbaugh is right. They don't care they don't see the big picture and are truly proud of it. This is why this site is becoming successful. Good for us bad for them. Glad we are getting people to sign up here. A lot from Stinkfy forums.
Back to top Go down
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 am

I knew it was going down hill at syfy forums when about a year ago Admin 1 contacted me and asked me to take the link for this site down. Not wanting to rock the boat I did. However the link is still on my profile.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Well I see that Styfy site has been down for a couple of days now. If they come back and half the people have lost their logins and history again, you can just about call that site done with.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 pm

The site got hacked. Last Sunday? I think it was there was some hacker's gloat page on the site. Went down for maint. shortly thereafter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:48 pm

I don't visit StinkFy anymore, but I'm glad it's having troubles. That is one rotten, bullying leftist barfhole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:18 pm

It's still not back up. Maybe it's done for?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuck

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

eber322 wrote:
It's still not back up. Maybe it's done for?

We aren't that lucky. I didn't post much there. There are some real delusional people there who honesty think it is a make a wish channel. Bascially I either like something or I don't. I was a big Stargate fan until SGU. I was disappointed that SGA was cancelled but I was willing to give SGU a shot. Then it aired and I was ready to shoot tptb.

What can be gained by hacking a forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Skycastle wrote:
I don't visit StinkFy anymore, but I'm glad it's having troubles. That is one rotten, bullying leftist barfhole.
95% or better of the MSM is leftist. As far as the policies of the mods are concerned, a: they're doing what their bosses tell them to do, and b: I'm pretty sure that MBG is employed by the public education system, so you know she's just this side of communist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:28 am

eber322 wrote:
Well I see that Styfy site has been down for a couple of days now. If they come back and half the people have lost their logins and history again, you can just about call that site done with.

Nope. Syfy has been up. People are assuming the board got hacked, but are wrong. NBC's servers got hacked.

As extensive as the damage was, they got most all of their websites back up the same day, including Syfy. However, as all NBC/Universal sites use the same software for their message boards, they took this time to upgrade them.

The reason it's taking so long, is all the boards are commercial. That's a huge amount of work to get all the advertising and such, integrated into the software.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Annoyed

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:28 am

Oh, good grief. If they switch to Pluck, I'm outta there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:50 am

Annoyed wrote:
Oh, good grief. If they switch to Pluck, I'm outta there.

No worries my friend. It's still a powerboard, just an updated version of the software.

As I'm forbidden to post links, try this if you wish to see what it looks like:

forums-test dot syfy dot com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.    

Back to top Go down

No wonder Sighfy forums is going down hill.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next