Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.

Sci Fi Forums

scifi Forums

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rise of the planet of the apes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Anyone going to watch this garbage. I am sorry but no way am I. The whole premise of the original planet was nuclear war the destruction of mankind and the evolution of the apes. it was more about what mankind did to itself not some chemical to make apes smart.

Sorry but wont be going to watch this POS. Maybe when it comes on HBO or something but that is it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 pm

I'll probably watch it eventually on Netflix, but nothing I can't wait to see. They already screwed up the remake version with the ending of the last movie anyway.

Not to mention it's another series that needs no remake. The original movies are great as is.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm

eber322 wrote:
I'll probably watch it eventually on Netflix, but nothing I can't wait to see. They already screwed up the remake version with the ending of the last movie anyway.

Not to mention it's another series that needs no remake. The original movies are great as is.
Agreed. The stories in the first one was great. They could have remade the first one and kept with the storyline just better special effects.
Back to top Go down
eber322

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
They could have remade the first one and kept with the storyline just better special effects.

Well that's true, I have to admit the ape makeup looked more realistic in the new version. To bad they screwed up not only the first movie with that ending, but all the other movies as well. The originals made a cycle, the last movie caused the first, it was like a time loop. they completely abandoned that in the remake. I mean how dumb was it that history stayed the same (same Washington DC, same cars, Lincoln memorial, etc) but all the people were apes instead? The remake basically made it so that apes evolved instead of men, so we end up with a monkey Lincoln? How stupid. I don't even see how this new one ties in with that first remake... maybe it doesn't. Wouldn't surprise me if they are rebooting the reboot already just like with Spiderman, Superman, etc.

...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skycastle

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:05 pm

"I mean how dumb was it that history stayed the same (same Washington DC, same cars, Lincoln memorial, etc) but all the people were apes instead?"

Yeah, it was dopey. I hated that ending. The hero should have stayed with the people he had freed, and married that beautiful girl who wanted him. THAT would have been a nice ending.

As for this new ape movie, forget it. First, we don't need another - it's been done to death. Second, much too unrealistic. In the preview they showed apes jumping out of windows perhaps a hundred feet or more in the air, presumably landing safely on the ground. Bunk! Apes aren't super - just stronger than us. Jumping from that height would kill them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:36 pm

We were discussing it on skiffy and I said I am tired of Virus toxic waiste and chemical causing zombie and now this.

Well here is the response from MBG now I am going to post it in black but I want your first opinion on what she said before read it. See if you get it right.

Nor should it. The original film came out at the height of the Cold War, when anxiety over the end of humanity was centered around the bomb. The new film instead attributes the origin of the super-species to genetic engineering. Science fiction should reflect different anxieties for different times, rather than treading the same ground over again.

In which I responded.

I agree that it did come out during the cold war. That is what made it so great and would make it great again. Nuclear war is still a very real threat today. I see your point but in this case with this movie I would love to see the nuclear war aspect.

But as far as treading the same ground the Alzheimer thing has already been done with sharks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the planet of the apes.    

Back to top Go down

Rise of the planet of the apes.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1