Sci Fi Forums
Adds should no longer Appear for members. Only guests.


scifi Forums
 
HomePortalCalendarPublicationsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Global Warming.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
ford plasko

avatar

Posts : 487
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : Central Florida

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Bandit wrote:
Yet again another record breaking snowfall followed by freezing temps in the deep south. Even the Alamo in Texas is under snow. Mexico better gear up!
One of my favorite memories was when I moved to Texas. It snowed a half an inch and everyone freaked out. The news anchor said many were blaming it on all the Yankee's moving down at the time. One reporter standing next to I345 stated that the roads were very slippery and use caution; as a car doing 360's flew past behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan

avatar

Posts : 4568
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:22 pm

ford plasko wrote:
Bandit wrote:
Yet again another record breaking snowfall followed by freezing temps in the deep south. Even the Alamo in Texas is under snow. Mexico better gear up!
One of my favorite memories was when I moved to Texas. It snowed a half an inch and everyone freaked out. The news anchor said many were blaming it on all the Yankee's moving down at the time. One reporter standing next to I345 stated that the roads were very slippery and use caution; as a car doing 360's flew past behind him.
When stationed in Washington DC a woman was doing a story on a snow storm in Maryland she said be careful on the off ramps right at that time a SUV slid into the concrete barrier right behind her. Messed the SUV up pretty bad. They got it all on film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 am

And once again, Mother Nature kicks the global warming folks in the teeth. For the first time, all 50 states recorded temps below freezing. a good half of the nation is under snow from Florida, Texas, and parts of Mexico all the way to the northern states.

I woke up to 10 inches of snow. Now my neighbors know why I have a snow plow for my lawn tractor. And don't try to talk to me about this being "localized weather". When you're talking about one of the 7 continents, it's climate and it's sure as hell not warming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eber322

avatar

Posts : 2889
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:33 am

Bandit wrote:
For the first time, all 50 states recorded temps below freezing.

Wow, really? I'd not heard that. A friend of my fathers lives in southern Georgia and she said they got the first snow that accumulated since 89. Was the first time her daughter in law had even seen snow.

_________________
...the only part of the criminal law that doesn't apply to reporters is the death penalty, at least since 2002, when the Supreme Court decided in Atkins v. Virginia that it's "cruel and unusual punishment" to execute the retarded. - Ann Coulter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:06 pm

eber322 wrote:
Wow, really? I'd not heard that. A friend of my fathers lives in southern Georgia and she said they got the first snow that accumulated since 89. Was the first time her daughter in law had even seen snow.

Yes Eber, it's true:

Temps

Remember, when we discuss "Global Warming" it's a political issue, NOT scientific. Sure, there are scientist that buy off on it, but how many are connected to government funding?

When things like this happen, the PTB do everything they can to keep it from hitting MSM. It isn't a matter of left vs right. It's all about money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan

avatar

Posts : 4568
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Bandit wrote:
eber322 wrote:
Wow, really? I'd not heard that. A friend of my fathers lives in southern Georgia and she said they got the first snow that accumulated since 89. Was the first time her daughter in law had even seen snow.

Yes Eber, it's true:

Temps

Remember, when we discuss "Global Warming" it's a political issue, NOT scientific. Sure, there are scientist that buy off on it, but how many are connected to government funding?

When things like this happen, the PTB do everything they can to keep it from hitting MSM. It isn't a matter of left vs right. It's all about money.
Why do you think they call it climate change now not global warming. That way if it is cold or warm they can claim climate change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 am

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Why do you think they call it climate change now not global warming. That way if it is cold or warm they can claim climate change.

I care less what they call it. To imply mankind has anything to do with it is simply ridiculous. For instance, we know the planet goes through climate changes all on its own. It doesn't have any schedule when it does this, it just does it. We also don't know what starts it, or ends it. Sure we have plenty of research, and tons of theories, but honestly we're just guessing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan

avatar

Posts : 4568
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 pm

Bandit wrote:
Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
Why do you think they call it climate change now not global warming. That way if it is cold or warm they can claim climate change.

I care less what they call it. To imply mankind has anything to do with it is simply ridiculous. For instance, we know the planet goes through climate changes all on its own. It doesn't have any schedule when it does this, it just does it. We also don't know what starts it, or ends it. Sure we have plenty of research, and tons of theories, but honestly we're just guessing.

I agree but those idiots can say climate change and get fools to believe them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
Bandit

avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Pissedoffvulcan wrote:
I agree but those idiots can say climate change and get fools to believe them.

Climate change, is in fact, real. What is total BS, is that humanity has anything to do with it. The climate has been warming for the last 2+ million years (last ice age). What is also true, is another ice age is coming.

Several times we have dug entire Mammoths out of the ice. It's mouth was still full of food it was chewing, and it's stomach had undigested food in it. The ice age it died in happened so fast it never knew it died, let alone was in danger.

So to imply mankind's burning of fossil fuels for 200+ years has somehow accelerated this natural process, is just silly. We don't know when this current warming cycle will end. We just know what happens next. And either way, there is nothing we can do to speed it up, or stop it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pissedoffvulcan

avatar

Posts : 4568
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:07 pm

I agree humanity causing it is a lie to get peoples money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sciencefictionforums.forumotion.com
ford plasko

avatar

Posts : 487
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : Central Florida

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:23 am

Bandit wrote:

So to imply mankind's burning of fossil fuels for 200+ years has somehow accelerated this natural process, is just silly. We don't know when this current warming cycle will end. We just know what happens next. And either way, there is nothing we can do to speed it up, or stop it.
The worst part is no one remembers what kind of air quality we had 40-50 years ago. Pollution was so bad back then.
I've seen weather changes but none of it seems to be a permanent. When I moved to Florida folks in town had a variety of tropical plants in their yards. Then we had about 15 years of very cold winters that killed off all those plants. A couple of those winters were so cold it killed the citrus groves and pretty much put the farmers out of business. I'd say since 2000 we have been having mild winters and people are planting tropicals in their yards again.
And it's the same for rain fall. The 90's drought dried up all the small lakes and now we have had normal rain and tropical storms that filled the lakes up again. It's all cycles,but when the Weather Channel says it's never been this hot,cold,dry,etcetra, people just believe what they're told.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bandit

avatar

Posts : 886
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm

ford plasko wrote:
The worst part is no one remembers what kind of air quality we had 40-50 years ago. Pollution was so bad back then.

Not true. We knew. Think back to the 40's with the onset of nuclear energy. We were detonating bombs everywhere. We were also testing the air, among other factors. In the 60's we were testing air quality in reference to emissions from internal combustion engines. Back then we called it "smog". It was it's worst in California. That is what led us to make unleaded gas and catalytic converters mandatory back in 1975. It also was the end of "muscle cars".

But it didn't stop there. Next was the 80's and CFC's (Chlorofluorocarbons) and the Ozone layer of our atmosphere. Now we're watching UV ray exposure from the sun. And lets not forget pollen (Allergies).

The fact is, it's all about money. Scientists are nowhere near smart enough or have enough collected data to analyze to say why it's happening or anything else. They can't even figure out what wiped out the dinosaurs. Sure, lots of theories, but again, that's just guessing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Global Warming.   

Back to top Go down
 
Global Warming.
Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Similar topics
-
» warming pies?
» Global Online Motorsports Association
» Pizza and fairy cakes
» Cornish Pasty and Oven Chips
» 30.11.2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sci Fi Forums :: News, Science and Sports :: Science :: Earth Sciences-
Jump to: